Saturday, April 1, 2017

Baby Patchwork Quilt

Hello friends. I'm back today with another baby card. If you love embossing folders...you are gonna "need" this one! :)


I ran the Patchwork Quilt Embossing Folder through my Gemini with cardstock that is blue on one side and white on the other. Then I sanded off the raised embossed area. This classic technique has been around forever, and it never gets old! I also sanded off around the edges of the panel, which not only give it a nice finished edge, but gives the appearance of another layer. I attached the panel with dimensional foam tap on top of a couple more layers of cardstock and then to a white card base.


My idea for this card was a baby quilt that has cute little appliques in every other square. I die cut some of the Baby Accessories Dies from white cardstock, added glitter, heart rhinestones, then adhered with dimensional foam tape. I made the sentiment tag to look like one of those personalized "hand sewn by" tags. I added glossy accents on top of the die cut for added dimension.


The inside of the card is also decorated with a panel of yellow card stock that I scored around the edges and sanded off. Then I added the die cut birdie in the bottom corner. Some glitter accents and it's done. So cute!!!!



As always, thanks for stopping by. I hope this inspires you with some fun papercrafting ideas.


Supplies
Crafter's Companion - Sara's Signature Little Angel - Patchwork Quilt Embossing Folder
Crafter's Companion - Sara's Signature Little Angel - Baby Accessories Dies
Crafter's Companion - Sara's Signature Little Angel - Beautiful Baby Dies
Crafter's Companion - Sara's Signature Little Angel - 12" x 12" Paper Pad
Crafter's Companion - Sara's Signature Little Angel - Simply White Luxury Ribbon
Spectrum Noir Shimmer Pen - Clear
Gemini die-cutting and embossing machine
Collall Liquid Adhesive
Stick-It Adhesive Sheets
Score Board
White Cardstock
Dimensional Foam Adhesive
Crystal Glitter
Blue Heart Rhinestones
Glossy Accents
Zig Zag Decorative Scissors
Sanding Block

No comments: